Frequently asked Questions when hosting a MoonBee
1. HOW MANY PEOPLE SHOULD I EXPECT?
We usually have 30-40 people in attendance, but we've had as many as 150 and as few as 6.
2. WHO COMES TO A MOONBEE?
Men, women, girls and boys.
3. HOW LONG DOES A MOONBEE LAST?
Usually 2 hours.
4. WHO IS INVITED?
We send out an email to our local MoonCatcher list and hosts send one to their contacts.
5. WHEN DO THE MOONCATCHER PROJECT LEADERS ARRIVE?
We like to arrive 1 hour before the start time of the bee in order to get set up for our sewers.
6. DO I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SEW?
No. There are plenty of jobs for sewers and nonsewers alike.
7. WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
If you sew and have a portable sewing machine please bring that. Scissors are always welcome.
8. HOW MANY TABLES AND CHAIRS SHOULD I SET UP?
8-10 tables with chairs around most of them but if you have some tables in reserve we sometimes need to set up more to accommodate a larger crowd.
8. SHOULD I PROVIDE REFRESHMENTS?
Refreshments are always appreciated, but not required. We'd love a pitcher or two of water for thirsty workers though.
9. DO YOU PROVIDE THE FABRIC?
We provide all the parts needed to make our MoonCatcher kit but accept donations of cotton-like fabric for our drawstring bag should anyone want to raid their fabric stash.
10. DO YOU ACCEPT FINANCIAL DONATIONS?
We can always use financial help and are thrilled to accept cash, checks or credit cards.
11. WHERE DO YOU DISTRIBUTE THE REUSABLE PADS?
We deliver these supplies to six homeless shelters in our community.